We had a fantastic Day One, and although the weather was a bit warm, we were excited to welcome students into their new classrooms, and start what promises to be a special school year, the Wolfpack Way.
I want to remind you of a few things about the next week ahead…and beyond.
- Day Two is a Thursday. Every Thursday is a Modified Day, which means students will be dismissed at 12:47 (Grades K-2) and 12:49 (Grades 3-5). Traffic around our campus is congested, so please allow extra time to park on a surrounding street, or if possible walk.
- Day Three on Friday brings the return of our normal Oka campus procedures, before the start of school. This means that in the morning, the Oka campus is only accessible for students and staff, beyond any of the gates. Parents, your assistance in helping make Friday a smooth transition back to “normal Oka morning routines,” is greatly appreciated.
- The Oka Book Fair will be happening next week. This is a great way for families to find new books and help their child enjoy the love of reading. The Book Fair will be open during student lunch periods and after school from Monday – Thursday, as well as during Back-to-School-Night. However, our PTO needs volunteers to help – can you volunteer some time? Please see the flyer sent home today with your child.
- Next Thursday, September 12 is Back-to-School-Night, beginning at 5:30 PM in the Lunch Table area. This evening is for Adults Only, and meant for parents / guardians to hear directly from their child’s teacher about how to make the 19-20 school year a success. I look forward to seeing you on campus that night. Teacher classroom presentations will follow the school-wide welcome.
- Mark your calendar and register for our upcoming Parent Reading Engagement Night on Thursday, September 26 from 6:30 – 8:00 pm. This is a night for parents to bring their children and hear from featured author, scholar, and children’s literacy expert, Kristine Mraz. Please help us plan for accurate attendance numbers by clicking: http://bit.ly/FVSDreadingnight and giving us your RSVP online. We will have a special gift for each family, but in order to receive it, you must be signed up by the end of next week.
On behalf of our Oka staff, I want to say both Thank You for a Great Day One, and All the Best to the Next 179…
With Appreciation & Go Wolfpack!